Followers

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

優子

優子 
(ゆうこ-Yuko)
Yuko is a name given to me by my friend Yoshihito, when I told him the meaning of my name, Nadiah.
Nadiah- has different meaning in different languages. For example,
ناديه
Arabic name meaning "delicate, tender", " the beginning, first", and "Honourable".
I read somewhere that the name also means, "one who brings loyalty"(pembawa kesetiaan)", which leads to the meaning, "helper". English form of French, Slavic, Russian, meaning "hope."
"One who is full of hope."
and African meaning of the name Nadia, is "caller".
Wow.
So many meaning in a name, yet to be fulfilled. As a bearer of this name, I can feel the responsibility that comes with it. ^-^" So, whats with Yuko?
役者(one who play a part) ・ やさしい (tender-hearted)・ しとやか(graceful)    のびやか ・ すぐれる(excellent)・まさる(excel, surpass)・ ゆたか(abundant, rich of)
子 
子という漢字は「」と「」という字からできています。
つまり「最初」から「最後」までと読むことができ大変縁起のよい文字なのです。
なのでかなり昔から天皇家は女児に「子」という字を入れるようにしていたそうです。
-Ko means, child. But the kanji it self means the first and the last.
I like the name. I really do. ^-^*

No comments: