Followers

Friday, October 29, 2010

at 6.30am


Today, at 6:30 in the morning,

I had to send someone to the eki, because she had an early flight to catch. It was cold. I was only wearing my green kaftan, hood, and a jacket. With the thought of six-thirty a-m, I couldn't bother much.

As I went out,

I saw a father, with his primary-school-uniform-daughter walking down to the train station. There were quite a number of them, businessmen in suits with a little girl by them side. They looked old, with a lot of white hair. Around their 40's maybe, off to work at 6:30 in the morning.

At 6:30 in the morning,

I saw a sleepy-looking lady, walking face down to the ground, not bothering to catch the next train that comes. I saw men with their tie on, run as fast as they could, to not miss the 6:30 train that leaves in less than a minute.

6:30 in the morning.
That's not early because the first train to the city is at 4:45 am.

(It's as real as it can get- ready to be crushed to your bones every morning like this, and its amazing that you still manage to do it everyday at least for 20 years time- I didn't take this)

At 6:30 in the morning,

I saw some university students march their way up the hill around Iman's house. There were also students who jog around the area, at six-thirty. Taxis and buses are ready to start another busy day at six-thirty as well. One more day to get through life as if we are meant to live until we're 100 years old. How so meaningful 6:30 is to them.

I wonder, what time do they woke up, if they had to start their life cycle at 6:30? Some of the Japanese friends that I know wake up at 6am for 11am class just to prepare for their make-up (and for the travelling +-2hours).

But us?
What do we do at 6:30 in the morning?

Fajr(Subuh) is at four-thirty and the sun rises at six. Let me remind you that we should not sleep between the hours of Fajr. Allah said so, and the prophet said so. Yet, I am very sure that many of us are still in their futon even 1o minutes before Fajr ends. Let alone keeping ourself awake for the one-hour-and-a-half period. Sounds hard?

No.

What's the different between us, and the Japanese?

Discipline.

It's in our head. If we think its muri-hard, we're not trying good enough to discipline ourself.
[YES, this is a self reminder as-well]


At 6:30 in the morning,

Allah knows everything that you are doing.

What does six-thirty means to you? What do you usually at this hour of the day? Are you like these Japanese? Or, you're like me?- as soon as Fajr ends, back in bed, waiting for the right time to get up for school? [ lets do something about tht then!]

1 comment:

nadhirah said...

Just the motivation I need to get out of bed. Thanks girl!
:)